Who is Tested?
With more than 14 million drug abusers in the United States, Soteria Screening Laboratories advocates awareness about the impact of substance abuse in industry, schools, families and community.
Small businesses are at more of a disadvantage when it comes to drug and alcohol in the workplace. They are less likely to have Drug-Free Workplace (DFW) policies implemented and are more likely to be the "employer of choice" for substance abusers. Individuals that cannot adhere to a DFW policy look for jobs at companies that don't have a policy in place. The cost of just one error caused by an impaired individual can cause devastating damage to a small business.
We encourage employers to implement programs that promote safety, health and wellbeing by helping businesses, schools, families, and communities with drug-free programs. With just one phone call you can gain access to our drug and alcohol testing centers throughout the United States. We offer affordable, same day service with exceptionally fast turnaround. Regardless of whether you need drug and alcohol testing services personally, or for your business, we offer a large variety of services to accommodate your needs.
People Subject to DOT Testing:
- United States Coast Guard (USCG): Crewmembers operating a commercial vessel.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA): Commercial Drivers' License (CDL) holders who operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA): Flight crew, flight attendants, flight instructors, air traffic controllers, aircraft dispatchers, aircraft maintenance or preventative maintenance personnel, ground security coordinators, aviation screeners, and operational control specialists.
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA): Persons who perform duties subject to the Hours of Service laws such as: Locomotive engineers, trainmen conductors, switchmen, locomotive hostler/helpers, utility employees, signalmen operators, and train dispatchers.
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA): Operators of revenue service vehicles, CDL-holding operators of non-revenue service vehicles, vehicle controllers, revenue service vehicle mechanics, firearm-carrying security personnel.
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA): Persons who perform operations, maintenance, or emergency response function on a pipeline or Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) facility regulated under part 192, 193, or 195.
- DOT & Non-DOT Random Pool
- DOT & Non-DOT Post Accident
- DOT & Non-DOT Pre-employment
Other Individuals Subject to Drug and Alcohol Testing:
- Health Care Workers
- Construction Workers
- Ground Keepers
- Food Prepares
- Computer Scientists
- Computer Programmers and Operators
- Computer Data Processors
- High-Tech Security Positions
- Hospitality Industry
- Retail Industry
- Non-DOT Transportation Industry i.e. Travel and Touring companies
- Divorce and Child Custody
- Attorney Requested
- Child Protective Agencies
- Probation and Court-ordered Cases
- School Faculty
- Faith Based Organizations
- Civic Organizations
- Sporting Organizations