Drug-free Workplace Policy
State workplace drug, alcohol, and marijuana testing laws are a complex maze of statutes, regulations and court decisions. As a result, employers and service providers are being sued for not following state-specific laws. There are more than 600 state laws and regulations as well as 10,000+ court and agency decisions that impact private workplace drug testing programs. These laws change frequently and if you do not remain current and in compliance you are at high risk of litigation, personal claims, impact of reputation, higher Workers’ Compensation premiums, along with other financial penalties. Having a drug-free workplace is essential to the success of any business. Soteria Screening Laboratories has partnered with the experts when it comes to writing policies. Together we can help you implement a customized drug-free workplace program tailored to your company's needs. Click here for more information!
At a minimum the written policy should include the following:
- Rationale in regards to laws, regulations, and organizational goals.
- Expectations for compliance explaining who, what, where, and when.
- Options offered for assistance such as Employee Assistance Programs (EAP's), Substance Abuse Professionals (SAP's), or community resources.
- Consequences for violating the policy.
Soteria’s goal is to assist you, the employer, in developing a Drug Free Workplace policy that is compliant with state laws, which in turn will give you basis to defend wrongful termination claims.
We also provide a comprehensive annual subscription program that includes:
- Your own “policy wizard” to assist in developing, maintaining or changing your workplace policy
- Compliance and state law updates
- Employers’ State Compliance Guides
- Policy Addendums for each state (that apply)
- Medical Marijuana Guide
- ADA and Native American Issues
- Federal Laws and Issues
- Implementation Checklists (by state)
- Checklist for Reasonable Suspicion (actions & steps)
- Post-Accident Checklist
- Key Court Decisions & agency decisions
- Easy charts to navigate
Don't overlook this important tool that can provide guidance in developing and managing the necessary components of a Drug Testing policy.
For more information about our program click here and our compliance experts will walk you through the process!